Effective Date: October 15, 2018
AliveInvite is an online platform to create, send, distribute and receive custom digital invitations and stationery (collectively "invitation(s)") and other events related products (collectively "Services"). Our products and Services provide hosts with online tools to design, and distribute invitations with features to facilitate and manage events ("Host" or "Sender"), and provide guests with ability to communicate their response and utilize services to participate in the event ("Guest" or "Receiver").
Personal Data That We Collect
When you interact with our Site, we collect information that, alone or in combination with other information, could be used to identify you ("Personal Data").
Personal Data You Give Us
Host or Sender:When you register to use the Services, you voluntarily give us certain Personal Data, including your name, email address, and username. We may also collect additional information that you elect to provide, such as event dates, gender, zip code or similar information. If you register for an account by logging-in using your social media account (including Facebook and Google), the information we get from these accounts depends on your settings and the privacy policies of the social media platforms, so please check those policies to understand the privacy practices of those platforms.
The Services allow you to create an invitation, and send it to Guests through the Services via email, or distribute it by a third party service via a link to the invitation, including by SMS, WhatsApp, email or posting it publicly on social media. In either case, the Guests will respond on our Site event page which contains the invitation and all relevant event information you have provided; you control whether the Guest list, Guest responses and comments are public to all other invited Guests, or private to you. We will collect and store a history of events created, sent and received in your account for future reference, including the event page and the guest list.
When you use the Services, you may provide event-related Personal Data including your name, email address, phone number, your address book, messaging with Guests, photos (including tagging people in photos), gifs, video, graphics or other user content (collectively "User Content") which we will collect and store for use in connection with the Services. You may receive real-time email or push notifications of certain actions Guests have taken on the event page.
If you buy AliveInvite Coins or other products on the Website, one or more of our payment service providers will collect from you payment information (including payment card number, security code associated with the card, expiration date, zip code and country) (please see "Sharing and Disclosure" section for more information).
We also collect information you choose to provide to us when you complete any "free text" boxes in our forms (for example, our preference page, or a survey submission). We may collect Personal Data disclosed by you in our other areas of the Services (for example the event page) to which you can post information and materials, or when you contact us for help.
Guest or Receiver:You may receive an invitation via email sent from the Services, or via a link on a third party service including receiving by SMS, WhatsApp, email or publicly on social media. In any case, you may respond to the invitation on the Site event page.
If you open an emailed invitation, you agree to receive that invitation and any associated event email communications.
If you click on an invitation link and voluntarily respond by giving us your Personal Data, including your name and email address, your name will be added to the Host’s guest list, which may be public.
In either case, we will collect and store your data for use in connection with the Service. If you do not have a registered account, AliveInvite may store the data associated with your email address, or other identifier, and if you register for an account in the future, we will populate your event history in your account dashboard.
When you respond to an event though the Service, you may voluntarily provide Personal Data in messaging Host and other Guests, and/or posting publicly on event page including photos, gifs, video, or other User Content which we will collect and store for use in connection with the Services.
Automatically Collected Data:When you use the Services, the following information is created and automatically logged in our systems:
- Log data:Information ("log data") that your browser automatically sends whenever you visit the Site. Log data includes your Internet Protocol ("IP") address (so we understand which country you are connecting from when you visit the Site), browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, and how you interacted with the Services. Your geographic location determines which Services, disclosures, features, and third party content will be available to you.
- Device information:Includes type of device you are using, operating system, settings, unique device identifiers, network information and other device-specific information. Information collected may depend on the type of device you use and its settings.
- Usage Information:We collect information about how you use our Services, such as the types of content that you view or engage with, the features you use, the actions you take, the other users you interact with and the time, frequency and duration of your activities. For example this includes whether invitation or marketing emails have been opened and acted upon.
How We Use Data
We use the data we collect, described above:
- To authenticate users, provide the Services, process transactions and respond to your requests. This use is necessary to perform the contract with our Host or Sender, including the Guest or Receiver upon responding to the event invitation.
- As necessary for certain legitimate business interests, which include the following:
- To process Guests’ or Receivers’ data in relation to the Services we provide to our Hosts or Senders, in order to fulfill our contractual commitments to our users.
- To customize the user experience.
- To better understand how visitors interact with our Site and ensure that our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you, and as part of our efforts to keep our Site, network and information systems secure.
- To conduct analytics to inform our product and marketing strategy and enable us to enhance and personalize our communications and the experience we offer to our users.
- If you ask us to delete your account and data, or to be removed from our transactional (including invitations) and marketing email lists, and we are required to fulfil your request, we will keep basic data to identify you and prevent further unwanted processing including receiving any future invitations from other AliveInvite Senders.
- We may anonymize, de-identify and/or aggregate the information that we collect and use such anonymized, de-identified and/or aggregated data for commercial, statistical and market research purposes, including sharing it with affiliates, our service providers and business partners.
- To conduct or assist research.
- Email Communication: We will send you updates and information about our new products and Services or other promotions by email or messaging application. Where required by law, we will only send you marketing information if you consent to us doing so when you register for the Service, or otherwise opt in to receive marketing emails in your account settings on the Site, on our preference page, or on our Blog. You can unsubscribe at any time. If you opt out to marketing emails, we will continue to contact you via email or other messaging application regarding an event invitation, your AliveInvite account, and to respond to your requests ("transactional emails").
- Your Guests will not receive marketing emails from AliveInvite, without their prior consent. To be clear, just receiving an invitation does not constitute consent to marketing emails.
- If you have any questions about receiving transactional and marketing emails, please Contact Us.
Sharing And Disclosure
We share your Personal Data and other information with certain third parties in the following circumstances:
- Business Transfers:If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of all or a portion of our assets, or transition of a service to another provider, your Personal Data and other information may be transferred to a successor or affiliate as part of that transaction.
- Legal Requirements:If required to do so by law, applicable regulation or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, (ii) protect and defend the rights or property of AliveInvite, (iii) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Website or the Apps, or the public, or (iv) protect AliveInvite against legal liability.
If you have elected to receive marketing communications from us, we retain information about your marketing preferences until you opt out of receiving these communications and in accordance with our policies.
To determine the appropriate retention period for your Personal Data, we will consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the Personal Data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your Personal Data, the purposes for which we use your Personal Data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. In some circumstances we may anonymize your Personal Data so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case it is no longer Personal Data.
Update Your Information
If you need to change or correct your Personal Data, or wish to have it deleted from our systems, you may Contact Us. We will address your request as required by applicable law. You are also able to update your Personal Data yourself from your user account settings on our Site.
Publicly Posted Information
AliveInvite does not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under the age of 13. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided Personal Data to AliveInvite through the Services please Contact Us and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
Links To Other Websites
We take reasonable administrative and technical steps to protect the Personal Data from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no method of transmission over the internet is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to protect your data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.